Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Helloooooo 2nd Trimester!

Saturday February 5th marked the end of our 1st trimester...Praise the Lord we surrvived! Among the normal aches, pains, bloating, fatigue, hunger, horrible acid reflux and listlessness there were many blessings.

Blessing #1: Dad in Training
Though I don't have a lot (of belly) to show for my aches and pains of the 1st triemster the other day Corey said to me "Let me see your belly." So I turned sideways to give him the widest view, and I will never forget the grin that appeared on his face. For me that moment will be cemented in my mind. Knowing that he is engaged in what is going on in my body and our little one growing is a huge blessing for me!

Blessing #2: Grandparents
The joy of telling my parents that they were FINALY going to be grandparents was a highlight. Watching my parents share our news with their friends and family was awesome...they are proud.

Blessing #3: Opportunity to date my husband
Now that we are approaching March both Corey and I are realizing that the few days we have left together (just the two of us) are dwindling. Because of this realization we have been taking advantage of every opportunity to go on dates. Today we spent the morning at Dunn Brothers (one of our favorite spots when we were actually dating). We had breakfast, coffee and played a few games of Skip Bo...if you are wondering Corey won best out of three...but it wasn't a true three game series! I'll take him next time! Then we spent part of the afternoon looking at houses with our realtor HandyAndy. After we decided we weren't quite ready to end our date so we headed to Nupa for lunch! We were both quite distracted by the cuties (two toddlers and two babies) having lunch behind us...we'll be there soon:)

There were many other day to day blessings that came with the 1st trimester, but I won't bore you with all the details. Just know that we are soaking up every little moment with delight! I'm even coming to grips with buying new jeans...one size bigger.
We have a BIG day coming up at the end of March. On March 23rd we will be finding out the sex of Baby Jordan...assuming that he/she cooperates...

1 comment:

  1. So glad all is going well and you're enjoying this short, but exciting time in your live:)

    ReplyDelete