Monday, March 14, 2011

Bumpdate: 18 weeks

A few weekends ago Corey and I ran into a friend of mine who I have not seen in months. It was great to see her and meet her sweet little girl...who by the way loved flirting with Corey! It was adorable! I told him that having a girl maybe wouldn't be all that scary after all. Anyhow I was convicted after talking for a few minutes...I do not do that well keeping up with the Jordan's South blog. So, I'm starting the "Bumpdate" series.

In the past two weeks the bump has really started to show. At first it just looked like I was eating too many treats and not exercising, but I'm telling you I am exercising! It's been so nice to have the energy again and to be able to go to the gym. My favorite is cycling class. I'm not sure how long I will be able to lean over the bike, but I'm determined to make it work! Even if I have to ride that bike spread eagle so the belly will just drop between my legs...ok, that would not be pretty! The instructors are so motivating and they help me push myself...which I love! Hopefully I can continue into my 3rd trimester.

Here are some baby related lists...

Things that smell:
  • Sun dried tomato turkey breast: This is my FAVORITE kind of cold cut meat (*insert sad face*). I quit buying it about a month ago because I would gag every time I opened the fridge or freezer for that matter. The scent permeates!
  • The deodorizers in public restrooms (especially at ARC): Seriously it's pretty much like death by perfume in there!
  • Axe body spray: Corey sprays a little of this so that he's not the "stinky guy" at the gym. I usually appreciate this effort. Now-a-days the scent lingers in our house all morning. Let me be clear...Corey does not stink, BUT the lingering spray does!
  • The lotion in my guest bathroom: I've really got to put that away until the baby arrives...wait I do get my normal human sense of smell back, right???
Things that I "crave":
dictionary.com says...crave- to long for; want greatly; desire eagerly
I didn't really think that I was actually "craving", but this definition has convinced me
  • Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream: This is always my FAVORITE, but right now I could eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner!
  • Chewy, fruity candy: Again, this is always a go to when I have an urge for candy, but lately I can't get enough. Currently I am especially fond of grape Laffy Taffy. I ate two of the BIG ones last night at the movie theater.
  • Pickles: This is a new development. I like pickles but the only time I ever eat them is at Grandma's house...if I can get to the bowl before my cousins, HA! Last Friday (March 4th) I bought a jar to have all to myself. I forgot about them until two days ago. I've eaten half the jar.
  • Fruity gum: Again, I like fruity gum but I don't chew it often because chewing gum gives me a headache and the next day the muscles in my face ache from the workout. However, lately I want gum ALL THE TIME! The most annoying thing about this is that after about 10 minutes I want a new piece for the fresh flavor...YUM!
  • Broccoli: I always love broccoli, but these days I LOVE BROCCOLI...could someone make a shirt that says that?!?
  • BBQ anything: Yum! Nuff said.
Things I "crave" but haven't had yet:
This list is pretty short...obviously I've let myself indulge.
  • Arby's: If I had my 12-15 year old metabolism I would eat fast food all the time. Of course that is not going to happen. So I rarely eat fast food. Since becoming pregnant I drool every time I pass a fast food restaurant. Lately I've really been dying for a Bacon, Chicken, Swiss from Arby's...anyone free for lunch?
  • Italian anything: Early on in my pregnancy I did have some Italian dishes (lasagna, spaghetti and pizza). These all caused me to have the worst acid reflux I have ever experienced! It was disgusting. I was burping up garlicky tomatoes for at least two days. I now know that I can have Tums...maybe I'll try pizza again soon?!?
Oh, here's a sneak peak at the bump...
These are some extra compfy maternity pants that I just got! I'm loving them!
More news soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment