Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Bumpdate: Philippians 4:4

This morning I read Phil. 4:4
"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!" A reminder to stop and thank the provider of everything I have.

It is so simple, and yet I know I move through my day without a conscious prayer of thankfulness. Oh, sure I have a thankful heart. I do not credit anything I have to myself...but how often do I vocalize that to God.

So, today, at 3:28pm I stopped to thank God for the movement I was feeling in my belly...and it wasn't gas...I've been feeling this movement for a couple weeks now, and I've known that it is coming from the life inside of me, but had I ever stopped to thank God verbally for the gift of that precious movement?

By 3:31pm the movement settled, and I went back to work.

1 comment: