Sunday, November 20, 2011

A Growing Girl (Oops, I forgot to post this one)

Naomi had her two month appointment on Halloween (why I agreed to schedule it on Halloween? I have no idea.) The appointment was long and she was a tired girl.

Our nurse weighed and measured Naomi...13lbs 6oz, 24 inches long...whoa baby! My mom recorded that at my two month appointment I weighed 12lbs 6oz and was 23 inches long. She's about one pound heavier and one inch longer. My mom did point out that she started out bigger though (I weighed 8lbs 10oz and she was 9lbs 4oz).


Next up...shots. I got three and Naomi got three. Mine were of course the easiest. After I got my shots I was so nervous for her that I felt nauseous. The nurse was a pro. She got everything ready, laid out all her tools, cleaned Naomi's thighs and went for it. It was over in less then a minute. Naomi's face got real red and she did one of those silent screams (you know, when they hold their breath). Then she cried pretty hard for about a minute while a snuggled her. I couldn't wait to get out of there. So, after a minute she calmed down, I put her in her car seat...and she smiled at me. Ahhhhh. All better. Once I saw her smile I felt much better too!

I'm so glad that it's over, and we don't have to do it again until four months.

No comments:

Post a Comment