Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Life at Jordan's South

Since August 25th our lives have dramatically changed! It's been over a month since sweet Naomi entered our family and every moment has been a blessing.


August 25, 2011


Our days consist of lots of cuddling, feeding and diapering. Naomi wakes (or I wake her) at 7am. We talk, change her diaper, wash her face and put on some adorable little outfit. Then it's time for Naomi's breakfast. By 8:15am she's down for a morning nap...here is where things get interesting. Until 1 month she was sleeping 2 hours and I would have to wake her for her next feeding. Now a days...45 minutes is all she sleeps. The reason this is not acceptable...she doesn't wake happy. She's still so very tired. I've read that 45 minutes marks the end of a sleep cycle. Some babies go right back to sleep after they stir (that's what she had previously been doing). Currently our little Naomi is having a very hard time getting herself back to sleep. It's very sad. Since Corey and I are trying to train Naomi to self soothe and be able to put herself to sleep (or back to sleep) I let her fuss and cry for a while. TORTURE...not for her, she's just voicing her annoyance with being awake. For me however, it's awful. Depending on the fuss I let her cry, or if it's the worst kind of fuss I'll go in, soothe her, change her diaper, burp her and put her back in bed...typically this does not work. Once she's seen me it's all over. At that point I'll do anything I can think of to get her to go back to sleep until 945ish...by then she's over tired AND hungry because it's time to eat.

It's pretty much the same routine all day...wake, eat, play, sleep...I just cross my fingers every nap time that this will be the turning point. That she'll actually take a good nap, be fully rested and wake a happy baby! Until then we'll keep working on napping. The amazing thing about this 45 minute mark...it has yet to disrupt her night time sleep. She is almost 6 weeks old and sleeping from 8pm-4am...8 hours!! I cannot complain too much about the naps because she is blessing us with great night time sleep.

Currently it is 9:33am...she's been asleep since approximately 8:50am...I just heard her stir in her crib...Here's hoping, fingers crossed and I'm on my knees. I know she can do it!

We've enjoyed going to church, trips to Howard Lake and Paynesville, shopping, walks, visits with friends, baths, Taste of Rochester, bible study, bunco night and so much more. Everything is more exciting with Naomi along. We're having a blast as a family of three!

No comments:

Post a Comment