Friday, April 15, 2011

Goodbye 20's

Today I said "hello" to another decade. I greeted this decade with as much excitement and anticipation as the last (we'll see if the next goes as well).
Wednesday I got to spend a lengthy lunch hour with my mom. We had lots of time to talk and enjoy each other's company...I again soaked up as much of her motherly wisdom as I could. I had Women's Bible Study that night as well. When I got home Corey insisted that I open my gift from him...he got me the complete Anne of Green Gables series!!! I have the fondest memories of watching and re-watching these movies on the Disney Channel, and on our own VHS version. Last year the series was on PBS and I was glued to the TV for hours. I think that's when Corey figured we needed to own this collection. If you have not watched...it's a must see!




Thursday a sweet girlfriend of mine arranged dinner with the girls. Good food, conversation and great friends. What more could you ask to say goodbye to the 20's?!?
Tonight hubs and I are laying low. I suggested playing a game and some serious cuddle time. Ahhhh.
Corey set up dinner with some great friends tomorrow night. I'm looking forward to more good food, conversation and the ushering in of my more adult years:)

Goodbye 20's. I learned a lot...but I don't think I'll miss you much. Sorry.

1 comment:

  1. I love Anne of Green Gables! Haven't see it for years though. Who knows you and your daughter may enjoy watching it together years from now:)

    ReplyDelete